College is a big decision and below are resources to guide you on your higher education path as well as identify on-campus supports for you once you are there.
Testing & Decision Making Resources
- The College in Colorado website is a good resource and the college planning tab will take you through the process including applications.
- Concurrent Enrollment - If you want to get a head start on college credit while you are still in high school click here to find out how.
- ASCENT - Program that allows you to take college level course while still in high school so you don’t have to pay for them once you go to college.
- Higher Education Options - Click here for more information on all your higher education options not just four-year colleges and universities.
- Public vs. Private Colleges and Universities - What are the benefits of attending a private college over a public one.
- Hint: If you are thinking about a for-profit school click here for more information to keep in mind.
- College Skills and Tips - It is important to feel prepared when starting college this link will help you get ready.
- Accuplacer Test - Click here for a link to the test information along with test prep information.
- Compass Test - This test is meant to measure your skill level in reading, writing, and math.
- ACT/SAT Test - These are the two big tests which help inform your admission into schools. The sooner you start to prep the better off you will be, find information on tips and sample questions.
- Distance Learners or online classes - Will either of these choices be good for you? Follow this link to learn more about both types of approaches to see if it would be a good fit.
- On campus Student Support Services - This is a very important factor and there are many supports that you can access. Here are a few:
- Getting support while at college is important, here are on-campus resources that can help and good to know before you go.
- Fostering Success is an on-campus resource for former foster care youth at some Colorado colleges (CSU, CU Boulder, CU Denver, Metro State University)
- TRIO - A nationwide program that assists students overcome barriers to meet their educational goals. Click here for TRIO programs in the state.
- If you are the first in your family to attend college, Colorado Challenge is a good resource for you and offer many services.
- National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth